Thank goodness for these cool mornings or I’m not sure I would go running at all. I guess we’ll find out if the temperatures start to increase beyond 21 degrees. I’m wondering what other people do in the middle of summer – do you run only in the morning or at night when it cools? Do you even get drained by the heat? As soon as that sunlight hits my skin I want to stop running. I go from full tank to RED LIGHT ALMOST EMPTY within seconds.
Lets hope the mornings stay cool so I won’t have to invest in a cool misting fan head strap contraption.
I’m married to one, a father, and he’s out at the lake with the kids on his own all weekend. What a great dad he is. My own father never took us on solo camping trips (there were 4 of us) but when we were older he ended up taking each of us, one-by-one, on a weekend getaway and I still think about that short resort trip in Ontario cottage country every so often. We played a lot of cribbage together, it might have even been the weekend he taught me how to play, and I failed miserably at waterskiing. I also took off one night of the two nights to the employee cabin to play Suck and Blow with a bunch of strangers. Oh life! You’re so strange. They were very welcoming but I wonder why I couldn’t have spent that night playing cribbage with my dad. Ahhhh now I’m speaking of regrets. Today is about him, and I love him dearly.
My camping loving partner is out there making amazing memories for his children and they’re so lucky he’s who he is. A fun dad. Happy Father’s day to all you dads out there, you’re all so different but you have one major thing in common. You know what it is!!
Neko Case almost made me cry big ugly tears when I saw her perform in Vancouver ten years ago. She has a strong, beautiful voice that fills a room…and my heart. Neko Case has a new album out and the first song I heard Hell-On did not disappoint. Enjoy your day!
There are some great donations to bid on!
“All proceeds from the auction go directly towards the services Fernie Pets Society provides. Place your bid today!
– Bidding opens May 18, 2018 5:00 PM
– Bidding closes June 15, 2018 5:00 PM
– Only serious bidders please, a bid is a commitment
– Bids are placed in the comments below the photo of the auction item
– Full dollar bids only, no decimals please
– Successful bidders will be notified by Facebook Messenger once the auction has closed
– Payments can be made via Cash, Cheque or PayPal prior to shipping or delivery
– Payments must be received within 7 days of notification of a successful bid
– Local Delivery ( Cranbrook to Elkford) is included in your bid
– Delivery is available to other locations throughout Canada and USA. Delivery charge will be calculated and discussed with the successful bidder.”
Put your bid in here.