Things I’m thankful for:
1. My family. In between the moments of frustration and confusion, I’m in awe of the two little beings my husband and I are raising. They all make me laugh. They make me think and they’ve inspired my own imagination and creativity.
2. Ruth. She’s been a better praying mantis pet than I ever expected she would be. She was named Ruth because she ate the head off one of her siblings…ruthless indeed. But that’s the life of the mantis.
3. Time To Draw. I’ve been drawing a lot over the last year. Now that my kids are in school, I can dedicate a couple hours a week on creative projects and some work. Although, that doesn’t sound like much, it’s more than what I had a couple years ago. For that, I am thankful…plus, I’m really enjoying it…even the work.
4. Friends. I’ve made some new friends over the last year, who are finding their way into my heart. Sometimes I think I have enough friends and so many people that I love in life and then I turn around and there I find more amazing people I get to know. Thanks, old and new friends, for making my life so rich.
5. Fernie. I often talk to people about the weird attraction/pull Fernie has on people. Yeah, it’s beautiful. Yeah, it’s young and vibrant. Yeah, the mountains are huge. Yeah, there are great opportunities here if you’re looking for them. Yeah, the town is so supportive. Yeah, there’s a lot to do. Yeah, being outside is easy. Yeah, the library here is amazing. Yeah, the air is fresh and clean. But, really, what is it that makes this town so great?
6. Myself. I am great. Most of the time. I didn’t always think I was so great (that’s my journey). But I’ve convinced myself that I’m a good person and I have a lot to offer this world. I just gotta remind myself to keep digging deeper and deeper and I think I’ll surprise even myself with what I might find.
7. My Rodney. Rod is like this guy who thinks he can’t do anything but does everything. He loves beer. He loves his family. He loves me, even when I’m not at my greatest. Thank you, Rod.
8. Food. I love food. I love good food. I love food in the morning, afternoon and at night and in between those times. Thank you, food, and on a similar note, thank you, coffee!
9. My new computer. Thank you for making my life so much easier.
10. Authors. In the last 20 years I’ve read some spectacular books and I appreciate that these books are spectacular. They’re so good I wonder how anyone can write like that. I’ve tried (a little) and it’s hard work. I appreciate all the people who are good at it and for putting the time in to the craft to be great at it. I love reading.
I should do this more often. My soul needs a little more thankfullness.