Category Archives: FundraisingImage
“Now in it’s 4th year, this fun event is a colourful walk / run fundraiser event followed by a concert with Hark Raving Sirens.
This is a great family event that raises funds for the Fernie Child Care Society, a local non-profit organization. Come and check out some of our amazing community trails and their beautiful fall colours. Be sure to join us after the race with refreshments and food, prizes and live music by the Hark Raving Sirens.
Register early and receive a free pair of Colour Crawl Sunglasses, while quantities last!
The route is 5 km walk or run with colour stations along the way. Costumes recommended! Plan to get covered in powdered colours so wear clothes that can get dirty and as well as your sunglasses!
All ages welcome! You can enter as a team or as an individual. Prizes awarded for best costumes, fastest time, best team spirit, best team name, most colourful, and more.
Event Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018
Race Start: Boat Launch parking lot
Race After Party: Arts Station Square (6th Street between 1st and 2nd Ave)
Youth (under 18): $20
Children (under 5): Free”
Also, Fernie Colour Crawl is looking for volunteers. If you’re free, contact Fernie Childcare Society : (250) 423-3313
Today is Derby day. It’s a pretty big deal for the people of Fernie and for the Fernie Lions Club. “All the money raised goes to help kids, seniors and the handicapped in the Elk Valley, so it’s a great way to give to charity and have fun at the same time.” says the Fernie Lions Demo Derby Public Group on Facebook.
If you’re not already there, it’s going on until 4pm.
“All proceeds from the auction go directly towards the services Fernie Pets Society provides. Place your bid today!
– Bidding opens May 18, 2018 5:00 PM
– Bidding closes June 15, 2018 5:00 PM
– Only serious bidders please, a bid is a commitment
– Bids are placed in the comments below the photo of the auction item
– Full dollar bids only, no decimals please
– Successful bidders will be notified by Facebook Messenger once the auction has closed
– Payments can be made via Cash, Cheque or PayPal prior to shipping or delivery
– Payments must be received within 7 days of notification of a successful bid
– Local Delivery ( Cranbrook to Elkford) is included in your bid
– Delivery is available to other locations throughout Canada and USA. Delivery charge will be calculated and discussed with the successful bidder.”
“This Book and Bake Sale supports The Elk Valley Spay and Neuter Incentive Program. This program offers spay and neuter for cats from Elkford to Elko. The program offers low income options as well as free options for feral or homeless cats to help reduce the cat population in the Elk Valley. Come and down, buy some books and treats! All proceeds raised go directly to the SNIP Program. To donate baking, volunteer or drop off books please email firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Saturday at 10 AM – 2 PM at The Arts Station’s theatre room.