Category Archives: HolidayImage
“Come spend Easter Sunday at Fort Steele Heritage Town!
This is a fun-filled day with so much going on, including a *NEW FULL-SITE* Easter Egg Hunt!!
*NEW! Full-site Easter Egg Hunt!!
– Test your searching skills to find over 6000 eggs hidden around town!
– Golden eggs are back with special prizes awarded!
*NEW! Special Egg Hunt location for ages 0-5 years!
– Kid-friendly search for the little ones! :)
*Easter Parade @ 1pm
– Bring your decorated bike and join in!
*Decorated Egg Contest
– Bring your favourite egg from home!
– 12 & under
*Plant a Seed
*Cookie Decorating ($2)
…& so much more!
This does sound like fun! And only 1 hour from Fernie.
From City of Fernie website:
Join us at the Fernie Aquatic Centre on BC Family Day (Monday, February 12th) for a FREE swim from 12 – 3pm, with the Wibit obstacle course in the main pool.
Friday 22nd December
Join us at the Arts Station from 3 – 5pm for family lantern crafting session.
- @ the Arts Station Theatre
- Totally free, all materials provided, just drop in
- Lead by Rachel Butterworth
- Lanterns can be taken home afterwards
- Suitable for ages 3+, families must stay with their children.
Then, get the whole family and join us on the deck to hold your lanterns and sing songs with Rachel.
- 5.30pm on the deck @ the Arts Station
- Rachel to lead the signing with a crew of singers and music! Traditional and modern holidays songs.
- All ages welcome
- Free hot chocolates! Generously donated by Starbucks Fernie.
This was all I wanted in a calendar – a clean design and with plenty of room to write. I don’t always need fancy pictures.
Enjoy a little free download, if you like: www.brinaandfriendsart.com
My next possible gift is still in brainstorming. I need to figure out how to put money into something that makes me no money. Tricky stuff!
A friend of mine recently brought up the question of “What is Christmas to your family? What are you celebrating?” I wasn’t sure how to answer and it made me think that Christmas has become this time of family and friends, giving and receiving, being thankful and warm fuzzy fireplace stuff but my children don’t know the story of Jesus’s birth. So I think I might take them to a Christmas Eve service this year so they can find out what Christmas is really about. If there’s no meaning, what is the point?
If there was a temple, mosque or a synagogue, I’d take them there, as well, at other times of the year. I guess we just need to travel a bit more to learn and experience all the different religions and stories.
“With its biggest ever line-up of Canadian talent, the Canadian Pacific (CP) Holiday Train is set to close out Canada 150 with its 19th annual tour, which will once again makes its way through the East Kootenay between Dec. 11 and 13.
Canada 150 ambassador Alan Doyle will travel from Calgary to Port Moody with The Beautiful Band, with the first B.C. stop in Sparwood at 3:35 p.m. on Dec. 11.
From there, the train will make stops at Fernie from 5:15 to 6 p.m., Jaffray from 7:15 to 7:35 p.m. and conclude the day in Cranbrook, arriving at 9:05 p.m…Read more at E-Know.ca.