The following local societies, clubs, programs or foundations are always appreciative of donations.
1. SNiP (Spay and Neuter Incentive Program) funds the spaying and neutering of feral cats, and subsidizes the costs of fixing domestic ones. ferniepets.org/snip/
2. Fernie Friends for Friends helps individuals and families in Fernie who are going through cancer treatment and offers them financial and emotional support during this stressful time. ferniefriendsforfriends.com
3. Fernie Mountain Bike Club is a member-based, non-profit organization whose mandate is to build, maintain and ride the Fernie trails. bikefernie.ca/join-donate
4. Fernie Trails Alliance is a registered charity and relies on fundraising, grants, and donations to help maintain our spectacular trail network in Fernie. fernietrailsalliance.com
5. The Arts Station’s missions is to provide, directly and indirectly, a variety of opportunities for residents of, and visitors to, the Fernie area to participate in, and appreciate the value of, arts and cultural activities. theartsstation.com/get-involved/
6. Fernie Pets Society was created to allow people to post notices and photos of lost or found animals. The website also allowed people to post adoption notices for pets needing a new home. ferniepets.org
7. The Fernie Connections Foundation believes in the power of outdoor experiences. Providing affordable opportunities for all children to access outdoor education is at the core of our organization. More and more research has emerged highlighting how important being outdoors is to children’s physical, psychological, and creative well-being. Every dollar donated goes directly to subsidizing program fees. fernieconnections.com
8. The Fernie Museum collects and preserves artifacts and archival records of permanent value to the history of Fernie and the surrounding region. ferniemuseum.com
9. Fernie Nordic Society professionally grooms and track sets the cross country trails all season as well as supply porta-potties at our trailheads. fernienordic.com
10. Fernie Heritage Cemetery Restoration Society helps us upkeep the cemetery and records of your past family members.fernieheritagecemetery.com
11. Elk Valley Hospice (Fernie & Area) provides physical, social, spiritual and practical support to people living with life threatening illness, and to their loved ones. elkvalleyhospice.com
12. Fernie Heritage Library is welcoming place for discovery, inspiration and recreation. fernie.bc.libraries.coop
13. Bright Beginnings Community Preschool is a not-for-profit organization that relies heavily on fundraising and parental involvement to keep tuition fees low. Bright Beginnings wants to be affordable for all families in Fernie. Bright Beginnings believes in the community and often takes field trips and gets involved in local initiatives. brightbeginningsfernie.com to get in contact.