(Above: Come As You Art – Body Painting Competition 2010, Fernie BC)
Once again, Fernie is packing the weekend taut with all sorts of fun things to do.
Saturday, April 11th
• Documentary film Awake at The Arts Station – 7 pm $10 at door or online.
• Raging Elk Powder, Pedal, Paddle relay
• Body Painting Competition in support of Out of the Box: A Dumpster Art Project at The Royal. I hear they start painting around noon and end at 7 pm.
• Fernival at Fernie Alpine Resort with 54-40 at 3:30 – FREE Concert. Hark Raven Sirens headline at 2 pm.
• The Burn Ins, blues rocks, at End of Season party – Rusty Edge at F.A.R.
Sunday, April 12th
• Coca Cola Slope Soaker at Fernie Alpine Resort – CANCELLED but I think Fernie Alpine Resort has other fun activities running, such as, a lip sync competition.
For more events, check out our Events & Shows page.
Posted in Activity, Community Event, Competitions, Fernie Alpine Resort, Fernie BC, Films, Fundraising, Ideas Galore, Live Music, The Arts
Tagged 54-40, Awake The Life of Yogananda, Body Painting, Fernival, Powder Pedal Paddle, Rusty Edge, The Burn Ins
Awake – The Life of Yogananda
Saturday, April 11, at 7pm at The Arts Station, 601-1st Ave
Hindu mystic Paramahansa Yogananda brought yoga and meditation to the West in 1920 and authored the spiritual classic “Autobiography of a Yogi.” By personalizing his own quest for enlightenment and sharing his struggles along the path, Yogananda made ancient teachings accessible to a modern
audience. This documentary examines the world of yoga, modern and ancient, East and West and explores why millions today have turned their attention inward, bucking the temptations of the material world in pursuit of Self-Realization.
Trailer for Awake