Want some free art? You can instantly download “Unimpressed Giraffe” at www.brinaandfriendsart.com for the next week. Use it as a colouring page, print it for you art wall gallery or for your kid’s bedroom or rec room. It’s an SVG file, so it can be printed as large as you like or as little. Enjoy!
Tag Archives: childrens activities
There’s something about people coming together that warms my heart. Michelle has just announced Little Mountain Art Studio is teaming up with Jodie Parker. Two incredible women making art with kids this summer. I love it.
The Fernie Heritage Library is hosting a colouring hour from 3:30 – 4:30 today. It’s pretty gross out there, so you might be looking for something to do.
Just bring your colouring books or use the ones at the library. They also supply colouring pencils. For all ages!
Follow Fernie Heritage Library to find out about all their awesome programs at: https://www.facebook.com/FernieHeritageLibrary/
I do wonder what the rules are, even if they’re just street rules, about biking in the skate park. Please forgive us, as Phoenix was having a great time. We’re so blessed to have such amazing parks in our town.
Our children are still at the age where a bike ride to the beach to throw rocks and explore the shoreline is still a fantastic way to spend an afternoon. I, also, think they’re so blessed to be growing up in Fernie where afternoons like this are typical. Just some fresh air, a few snacks packed away, a nice bike ride along the river and lots of rocks that need a good toss. I’m going to enjoy this while we can.
Fernie is unbelievable when it comes to available kid’s programs and camps. I’m so glad we’re in Fernie at a time when the population is so young and booming. I found a few options for this summer and I’ll try and add to it as I find them.
For instance, there is:
• EcoGarden Kids Camp: The EcoGarden Kids Camp will be offered for one session for summer 2015 on July 5th thru 12th. Space is limited, register immediately to secure your spot. A week at the EcoGarden Kids Camp costs $250 (incl. tax). The kids (age 5-10) will have their days filled with gardening, science, art, music, games and a whole lot of fun. Register at the upcoming Spring Registration Fair on April 1st and 2nd.
• Fernie Adventure Camp: Fernie Adventure Camp is a 5 day camp that takes place in the Elk Valley. Throughout the week participants will discover whitewater canoeing, hiking and outdoor living skills. The camp is for youth ages 13-18. No previous experience is necessary! By the end of the week participants will camp out over night as we embark on a two day culminating moving water canoe trip. Organized by Fernie Connections Foundation.
• Preschool Pottery: Kids aged 3-6 can join Jenn Woods on Tuesday afternoons this summer. I’m so excited to get my little girl’s hands all full of clay. She’ll love it. More information here: theartsstation.com
• Ideal Judo, Arts & Leisure Camp at I.D.E.A.L. Society: The practice of Judo is an exercise through which children develop concentration, mutual respect, teamwork and self-knowledge. The purpose of this camp is to provide children with nourishing activities for the physical, emotional and intellectual levels. Participants experience watercolor painting and crafts, observation of nature, hikes, storytelling, bread making, games and swimming in a natural environment.
To register call Jesus Navarro (250) 919 3350 firstname.lastname@example.org
July 6 -10, 2015 ages 5 to 6
July 13 – 17, 2015 ages 7 and up
• Ideal Violin & Ukulele Musical Adventure Camp at I.D.E.A.L. Society: Nadia Navarro and Anie Hepher host this 5-day musical camp which includes violin and ukulele jam sessions, singing, ear training, rhythm, postural classes, judo, story-telling, drama and crafts. The students offer a performance open to parents and members of the surrounding community to close the camp.
For beginner to moderate students ages 7 and up.
To register call Nadia Navarro (250) 919 3350 email@example.com
July 27 – 31, 2015
• Theater Camp at I.D.E.A.L. Society: This camp introduces children ages 6 to 14 to the art of theater, which is a wonderful tool for self-expression. Participants experience music, dance, set and costume design, crafts, swimming and games in an outdoor forest setting. The stage director, Gabriel Hoffman, works with each child individually to develop posture, movement and enunciation, including each child’s talents in a musical play he creates for the occasion. The children participate in a public performance in an outdoor theater.
The Theatre Camp is supported by local businesses and organizations.
(250) 919 7619 firstname.lastname@example.org
Program coordinator: Sophia Hoffman
Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
July 18 – 25, 2015 ages 6 to 14