There are some great donations to bid on!
“All proceeds from the auction go directly towards the services Fernie Pets Society provides. Place your bid today!
– Bidding opens May 18, 2018 5:00 PM
– Bidding closes June 15, 2018 5:00 PM
– Only serious bidders please, a bid is a commitment
– Bids are placed in the comments below the photo of the auction item
– Full dollar bids only, no decimals please
– Successful bidders will be notified by Facebook Messenger once the auction has closed
– Payments can be made via Cash, Cheque or PayPal prior to shipping or delivery
– Payments must be received within 7 days of notification of a successful bid
– Local Delivery ( Cranbrook to Elkford) is included in your bid
– Delivery is available to other locations throughout Canada and USA. Delivery charge will be calculated and discussed with the successful bidder.”
Put your bid in here.
“Hello Fernie Pets Society friends and community. As you may have noticed we are having some problems with our web site.
Unfortunately we are going to have to redevelop our site, and are looking for your help.
Are you or one of your pet loving friends a skilled web developer just aching to help out a vital non profit society with this endeavour?
Drop us a message!!”
Here’s their facebook page.
A little about Fernie Pets Society: The Fernie Pets Society promotes responsible pet ownership. We advocate for improved pet services and facilities in Fernie. We help lost pets find their way home.
The Fernie Pets Society will be hosting a fundraiser on May 9th for SNiP (a program that funds the spaying and neutering of feral cats and subsidizes the cost of fixing domestic ones) where they will be selling baked treats and used books at The Arts Station. If you think you would like to donate some of your special treats or pre-loved books please contact their food coordinator Tanya Carre at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have books, you can drop them off at Barkside Pets between April 26th and May 8th.
From Fernie Pet’s Facebook page: “Thanks to your generous donations we have been able to fix 160 cats and kittens since beginning the SNiP program in 2013 and are still going strong! Most of these cats have been homeless, this means we have prevented hundreds of unwanted homeless kittens. We have also been able to adopt out 8 homeless cats this year! Jenny, Spicy Meat Ball, Van, Leo, Runty, Mr Stanford Tabbington, Dusty, and Tiny Tina Turner are loving life in their forever homes thanks to our amazing foster parents and Barkside Pets. We could not have accomplished this without your generous support! Thank you!
Please spay and neuter your pets and encourage your friends to do the same. If you have a cat that needs to be fixed please visit www.ferniepets.org for an application.”
The sale is just before Mother’s Day so it might be a good idea to swing by and satisfy someone’s sweet tooth. It being Mother’s Day and my birthday this year, I’m hoping for many sweet treats…and I do enjoy a good book.