Thank goodness for these cool mornings or I’m not sure I would go running at all. I guess we’ll find out if the temperatures start to increase beyond 21 degrees. I’m wondering what other people do in the middle of summer – do you run only in the morning or at night when it cools? Do you even get drained by the heat? As soon as that sunlight hits my skin I want to stop running. I go from full tank to RED LIGHT ALMOST EMPTY within seconds.
Lets hope the mornings stay cool so I won’t have to invest in a cool misting fan head strap contraption.
There are some great donations to bid on!
“All proceeds from the auction go directly towards the services Fernie Pets Society provides. Place your bid today!
– Bidding opens May 18, 2018 5:00 PM
– Bidding closes June 15, 2018 5:00 PM
– Only serious bidders please, a bid is a commitment
– Bids are placed in the comments below the photo of the auction item
– Full dollar bids only, no decimals please
– Successful bidders will be notified by Facebook Messenger once the auction has closed
– Payments can be made via Cash, Cheque or PayPal prior to shipping or delivery
– Payments must be received within 7 days of notification of a successful bid
– Local Delivery ( Cranbrook to Elkford) is included in your bid
– Delivery is available to other locations throughout Canada and USA. Delivery charge will be calculated and discussed with the successful bidder.”
Put your bid in here.
Smokehouse just opened June 1st and it will continue to do so 5pm to 10pm daily. Check out their website for their menu and here’s a little bit about them from their website:
“Established local chefs Keith Ilavsky and James McDonald are launching Fernie’s latest restaurant and a menu of mouth-watering new dishes. Located at the Red Tree Lodge, just off the highway, Smokehouse specialises in Cajun-inspired slow-cooked smoked dishes, there are options for carnivores and vegetarians alike.”
Tomorrow’s the big day! It’s finally arrived…and I won’t even be here to enjoy it.
The details are online and it sounds like there’s a lot to see and do. Here’s the map but I would check out the Yard Sale Event Page for last minute additional addresses.
Fernie Child Care Society and Wildsight Elk Valley have teamed up to have a TOY garage sale at Max Turyk School from 8-12.
Fernie Hospice Bake Sale at 891 2nd Avenue
The Arts Station will be participating in this year’s Community Yard Sale. We will be selling old canvases, costumes, fabrics and whatever else we find in our basement! If you have any creative projects coming up, this could be your chance to pick up what you need to get the ball rolling. All proceeds to the Arts Station.
Wildsight Elk Valley will also host a “White Elephant” yard sale at their office at 891 Second Avenue in Fernie, where citizens who are inspired to declutter but don’t have the time to sell their goods can donate them to the Wildsight Elk Valley branch Yard Sale.
Posted in Children and Babies, Community Event, Fernie BC, Ideas Galore, Living Local, News, Yard Sale
Tagged Bake Sale, Community, Elk Valley Wildsight, Fernie, Fernie Yard Sale, Garage Sale, Toy Sale