Tag Archives: Summer CampImage
Some options for your creative kids this summer in Fernie:
Club Cre8 at The Arts Station
Mondays, through July and August
Rachel and Heather will be delivering funky arts based projects, with chilled out vibes for the hot summer days – great offer for kids aged K-G. Full and half day options + sibling discounts.
Bonus, Kerri Holmes will also be delivering workshops for older youth and adults during August.
Little Mountain Art Studio
Mondays: Classes for 4 and 5 yr old 2 hour classes (1 hour art project, 1 hour outside play.)
Afternoon class 2:00-4:00 $15.00
Tuesdays: Classes for 4 and 5 yr old 3 hour class ( 1 hour art project, snack, free play outside, group art project)
morning class 9:00- 12:00 $28.00
Wednesdays:Classes for 4 and 5 yr old 2 hour classes (1 hour art project, 1 hour outside play.) morning class 9:00-11:00 am $15.00
*siblings are welcome to join in their older sibling class if you feel they would be confident and comfortable
* please pack a water bottle and light snack. Dress in non precious clothes.
Fernie School Aged Care Summer Camps
July 10th – August 30th
We have a fun filled summer camp planned already!
registrations and calendars are available to view and print ( in forms section). We recommend printing your form and bringing it to the registration fair April 5/6th with full payment or $100 deposit to secure your spot.
Fernie is unbelievable when it comes to available kid’s programs and camps. I’m so glad we’re in Fernie at a time when the population is so young and booming. I found a few options for this summer and I’ll try and add to it as I find them.
For instance, there is:
• EcoGarden Kids Camp: The EcoGarden Kids Camp will be offered for one session for summer 2015 on July 5th thru 12th. Space is limited, register immediately to secure your spot. A week at the EcoGarden Kids Camp costs $250 (incl. tax). The kids (age 5-10) will have their days filled with gardening, science, art, music, games and a whole lot of fun. Register at the upcoming Spring Registration Fair on April 1st and 2nd.
• Fernie Adventure Camp: Fernie Adventure Camp is a 5 day camp that takes place in the Elk Valley. Throughout the week participants will discover whitewater canoeing, hiking and outdoor living skills. The camp is for youth ages 13-18. No previous experience is necessary! By the end of the week participants will camp out over night as we embark on a two day culminating moving water canoe trip. Organized by Fernie Connections Foundation.
• Preschool Pottery: Kids aged 3-6 can join Jenn Woods on Tuesday afternoons this summer. I’m so excited to get my little girl’s hands all full of clay. She’ll love it. More information here: theartsstation.com
• Ideal Judo, Arts & Leisure Camp at I.D.E.A.L. Society: The practice of Judo is an exercise through which children develop concentration, mutual respect, teamwork and self-knowledge. The purpose of this camp is to provide children with nourishing activities for the physical, emotional and intellectual levels. Participants experience watercolor painting and crafts, observation of nature, hikes, storytelling, bread making, games and swimming in a natural environment.
To register call Jesus Navarro (250) 919 3350 firstname.lastname@example.org
July 6 -10, 2015 ages 5 to 6
July 13 – 17, 2015 ages 7 and up
• Ideal Violin & Ukulele Musical Adventure Camp at I.D.E.A.L. Society: Nadia Navarro and Anie Hepher host this 5-day musical camp which includes violin and ukulele jam sessions, singing, ear training, rhythm, postural classes, judo, story-telling, drama and crafts. The students offer a performance open to parents and members of the surrounding community to close the camp.
For beginner to moderate students ages 7 and up.
To register call Nadia Navarro (250) 919 3350 email@example.com
July 27 – 31, 2015
• Theater Camp at I.D.E.A.L. Society: This camp introduces children ages 6 to 14 to the art of theater, which is a wonderful tool for self-expression. Participants experience music, dance, set and costume design, crafts, swimming and games in an outdoor forest setting. The stage director, Gabriel Hoffman, works with each child individually to develop posture, movement and enunciation, including each child’s talents in a musical play he creates for the occasion. The children participate in a public performance in an outdoor theater.
The Theatre Camp is supported by local businesses and organizations.
(250) 919 7619 firstname.lastname@example.org
Program coordinator: Sophia Hoffman
Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
July 18 – 25, 2015 ages 6 to 14